To generate subtitle files from Final Cut Pro X projects:
- In Final Cut Pro X, export an FCPXML file of your project.
- In Subvert, select the “Make Subtitles” panel at the top of the application window.
- Click on the “Select FCPXML File…” button and select your FCPXML file.
- Select the project in the drop-down list that you would like to make subtitles from.
- Select the role that has been assigned to the subtitles. If no role has been assigned and you want to pull the text from any title clip, select “Any Role.”
- Select the subtitle file type you would like to generate.
- Click on the “Generate Subtitle File” button.
- Enter the desired name of your new subtitle file and click “Save.”